Creating Video Interactions with PlayPosit
Brenda Bailey-Hughes combined video, text, and assessment questions in this PlayPosit Bulb. The goal of this was to explore a topic in a more seamlessly linear, classroom-like experience. The instructions for making a similar PlayPosit bulb appear below.
Adding PlayPosit to your course consists of three broad steps:
- Access PlayPosit through Canvas
- Create a new bulb inside PlayPosit
- Connect that bulb back your Canvas Assignment
STEP 1: Access PlayPosit through a Canvas Assignment
- Log into your course site and click Assignments from the left navigation.
- Click the blue "+Assignment" button in the top right.
- Name the assignment and enter the point value. For "Submission Type" select "External Tool" and click the "Find" button then scroll to and select "PlayPosit".
- Click "Set Link," and you will be taken to the Bulb Selection screen.
** NOTE: You may be able to see Bulbs created by other people in your department, school, or institution in this list which you may use or modify and reuse in your course. This is also where you will see your past made Bulbs.
STEP 2: Create a New Bulb with Interactions
- Select the red "Add New Bulb" button (do not click the down arrow for now, as it will display alternate options).
- Select a video source (e.g., Kaltura or YouTube).
- Title the Bulb and perform any customizations such as trimming/cropping the video. Click "Done" when finished, and you will be taken to the Interactions screen.
- Play or scrub the video to the point when you want an interaction.
- Click "Add an interaction at..." and select the type of interaction you want to add.
- Multiple Choice: Enter the question and possible answers, making sure to indicate the correct answer by clicking the circle to the left of that response. Click "Done" when finished.
- Pause (annotation): Enter text, hyperlinks, images, etc. using the rich text editor. Click "Done" when finished.
- [optional] Click "Add interaction to group" to create a group of interactions at a single pause point.
- Click "Save" then "Close" and you will be returned to the "My Bulbs" page you accessed from Canvas.
** NOTE: You also have many advanced options to customize your interactions in PlayPosit. For example: