Congratulations to our outstanding staff mentors and advocates!
Sponsored by the IU Center of Excellence for Women & Technology, the 2023 Outstanding Mentor/Advocate Awards recognized several Learning Technologies staff members:
- Carrie Hansel, manager, Online Instructional Design
- Kim Murday, principal digital learning consultant at IUPUI
- Zihang Shao, instructional technology consultant at IU East
Visit the CEW&T website.
Major updates to Learning.IU
Learning Technologies and student success professionals from across IU continue updating Learning.IU resources to ensure they meet ongoing and emerging student needs. Recent updates focused on improving study skills, professional development, health, and belonging.
Laptops that support student success
In today's college classrooms, students need a reliable, affordable laptop that will last from the first day of classes to graduation day. INbound with Dell gives IU students the opportunity to purchase a laptop with an extended four-year warranty, accidental damage coverage, and direct, 24-hour support from Dell.
Learn more about INbound with Dell.
2023 winners of the IT Leadership Community awards
ITLC aims to build a sense of community and pride among IT staff, recognize outstanding leaders at all levels and increase awareness of IT projects and accomplishments at IU. Congratulations to this year's award winners:
- Champion of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Melanie Ebdon
- IT Leadership Team Collaboration award: Center of Excellence for Women & Technology team
- Promise of the Future award: Leila Randle
- Spirit of Leadership award: Jesse Oakes
- Champion of Leadership award: Madeleine Gonin
Learn more about the awards.
2023 XRI (Extended Reality Initiative) Faculty Fellow Grant Recipients
Six IUPUI faculty will be developing and implementing Augmented Reality (AR) or Virtual Reality (VR) assignments, projects, or activities in their fall 2023 courses:
- Barbara Johnson, lecturer, School of Science
- Hee Tae Jung, assistant professor, Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering
- Jing Zhang, associate professor of mechanical engineering, School of Engineering & Technology
- Peggy Stockdale, professor, School of Science
- Steven Overbey, lecturer, Communication Studies
- Travis Faas, lecturer, Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering
Learn more about what they have planned.