- Box cloud storage retirement coming March 2021
A big change is coming to cloud storage at IU, and we want to give you plenty of time to prepare. Box cloud storage will be retired as of March 2021. Student, faculty, and staff files will be migrated to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive.
- Virtual instruction challenges ballet majors to keep skills on pointe
Sixty Jacobs School of Music ballet majors now participate in a daily technique class via Zoom. The department quickly came up with a way to move instruction online following IU's announcement that classes would meet virtually for the remainder of the semester.
- IU professor, alumna help higher ed teachers get acquainted with remote learningThe Higher Ed Learning Collective started in early March as a direct result of the novel coronavirus pandemic. Advice and support for a successful transition to teaching online are now just a few keystrokes or mouse clicks away.
- A baker's dozen cybersecurity tips for working, teaching, and learning remotely
Working remotely means you're outside many of the safeguards provided by the IU network. But you don't need to be a technical expert to make the computer at your home office harder to hack.
- Wi-Fi in a time of coronavirus
IU is providing free, 24-hour, high-speed Wi-Fi access across the state to IU students, faculty, and staff, as well as the general public who may not have internet connectivity due to COVID-19-related library and business closures.
- IU using 3D printers to make face shields and other medical equipment
At Indiana University campuses across the state, 3D printers have been churning out face shields and other protective equipment to support the doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New getting started webinar series kicks off this spring
Learning a new tech skill can help build your resume, satisfy a continuing education requirement, or simply make your workday more efficient. These webinars give a quick intro to online courses available at no cost through IU Expand. In 30 minutes or less, you'll get examples of what to expect.
- Census 2020 in the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 has created a challenge in gathering student information for the census. Students should complete the census for where they would have been if they hadn’t relocated due to COVID-19. Students living in university housing do not need to complete the census.